Becoming Fluent in The Language of Emotions
Starts Monday, December 3rd
8 weeks of self-paced multi-media learning, Q&A, forum interactions, and downloadable content
Emotional Flow will help you access the genius inside your emotions
Your emotions are absolutely essential to every aspect of your life — yet few of us were ever taught how to work with them skillfully. In this self-paced 8-week course, empathy pioneer Karla McLaren brings together findings from sociology, psychology, neuroscience, and her own in-depth empathic work to help you access and flow with every dimension of your emotional life.
This multi-media course will help you learn more about yourself and others, increase your emotional skills, and engage with your emotions in healthy new ways. You can also add 10 hours of Continuing Education Credits for just $40 (see below).
In Emotional Flow, you’ll learn how to identify your current areas of emotional skills and challenges. You’ll also learn five core Empathic Mindfulness practices to ground yourself, create healthy boundaries, and free yourself from uncomfortable emotional behaviors. With this foundation, you’ll be able to engage gracefully with every emotion you have — and you’ll learn effortless ways to bring emotional flow and empathic intelligence to every part of your life.
What you’ll experience in Emotional Flow
In this self-paced online course, you’ll learn about emotions and empathy through:
- Video learning modules: Karla will introduce you to each session’s topics, explain the fundamental concepts and practices ahead, and guide you through each session.
- Audio guidance: Every session includes audio learning sessions with guided practices, meditations, and in-the-moment strategies for working with intense emotions and situations. You can listen at home or take them with you to enjoy anywhere.
- Written content: Each session incorporates essential concepts from The Language of Emotions book, plus many expanded insights. If you’re already familiar with the book, you’ll have plenty of further material to discover. If you’re new to this work, you’ll be learning the material in a full-bodied and in-depth format.
- Journaling and self-reflection: Journal questions in each session will help you assess your emotional strengths and challenges, your current obstacles and supports, and your own emotional transformation plan.
- Forum interactions and Q&As: With licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainer/Consultants and instructors, Sherry Olander and Jennifer Nate. (Learn more about Dynamic Emotional Integration®)
- Plus: You’ll be able to archive the entire program in downloadable format — all audio and video sessions and downloads of the written content are yours to use and enjoy at any time.
Length of Course: 8 Weeks
Dates: Monday, December 3rd to Friday, January 25th
Learning & Interaction Structure: Self-paced multi-media curriculum, online Q&A and written discussions, and private journal assignments
Time Commitment: This is a self-paced course with no scheduled meetings. You’ll read the course curriculum and interact in the forum on your own schedule, for a total of 2-3 hours per week.
CE Credits are also available for U.S. participants
You can add 10 Continuing Education Credit hours for just $40.
This course is co-sponsored by Cassidy Strategic, who offer 10 CE credits to Psychologists, Social Workers, and Counselors (and in some states to MFTs, Psychoanalysts, Creative Arts Therapists, Chemical Dependency Counselors, Nurses, Dentists, and Educators).
See this PDF for specific information.