You need your anger, and your anger needs your support!
Your anger is crucial to your sense of yourself, your ability to know who you are and what you want, and your ability to set boundaries. When you know how to work with your anger, your life can change in remarkable ways.
Starting November 5th, you can explore this essential emotion with Anchen Texter, a dual-licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainer and Consultant. Anchen’s ability to help people access their healthy anger in a grounded and accessible way is very strong, and this course is wonderful.
If you want to develop your emotional skills, anger is the perfect place to start!
Anger helps you set boundaries, identify what’s important to you, and access strength, justice, and love. However, very few of us have been taught to view anger in this way (or to work with it in healthy ways).
Learning to work with anger — instead of repressing the life out of it or exploding outward with it — is one of the most important skills you can learn.
The true purpose of anger is to help you develop honor, respect, healthy and well-defined relationships, vulnerability, and the ability to love.
Healthy anger is a gift to you and to everyone you know.
We’re excited to announce this 4-week online course at Empathy Academy that can help you learn how to work with, understand, and befriend your anger!
Skills to Help You Make an Ally Out of Anger
Monday, November 5th to Friday, November 30th
In Befriending Anger, you’ll examine the gifts and pitfalls of anger, and learn new skills and practices to support you in creating strong and caring boundaries that help you work with anger in healthy, balanced, and respectful ways. This experiential online course is based on The Language of Emotions and Dynamic Emotional Integration®.
Join licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainer and Consultant, Anchen Texter for an interactive four-week online training all about anger. This course covers core concepts essential to understanding how emotions work, and delves deeply into the inner workings of anger so that you will come away with a deeper ability to work with this essential and powerful emotion.
What will you learn?
- What emotions are and how they work, plus effective skills and practices to help you work with them instead of against them.
- The importance of being comfortable in your skin; learning about how boundaries work, what they do, how to recognize them, and how to set them in an empathic way.
- The power of having strong boundaries and working with anger in a conscious, loving way through experiential exercises, personal practice, and live discussion.
- How working with anger can help you set boundaries in every area of your life, and set the foundation for working consciously with your other emotions.
- The difference between expressing and repressing anger, and the middle way of channeling anger so that it protects you without harming others.
This course is for:
- People who are new to learning about emotions. You’ll learn foundational principles and practices that are essential for working with all emotions, as well as look closely at anger.
- People with a grasp of the foundational concepts who are looking for a deeper understanding of how to work with anger, and who want to add skills and practices to their toolbox.
Length: 4 weeks
Dates: Monday, November 5th to Friday, November 30th, 2018
Learning and Interaction Structure: Reading curriculum, forum discussions, audio files, course PDFs, and one-hour weekly webinars using the Zoom video conferencing program.
Live Zoom Webinar Discussions: These weekly one-hour sessions will be scheduled based on participant availability (these sessions will be recorded if you cannot attend).
Time Commitment: You’ll read the course curriculum and interact in the forum on your own schedule (plan for a minimum of 2-3 hours per week), and you’ll meet with Anchen and your classmates for one hour in the Zoom each week.