Skills to Help You Make an Ally Out of Anger
~ Monday, April 9th to Friday, May 4th ~
Anger is a vital emotion that helps you set boundaries, identify what’s important to you, and access strength, justice, and love. However, very few of us have been taught to view anger in this way (or to work with it in helpful ways). Learning to work with anger — instead of repressing the life out of it or exploding outward with it — is one of the most important skills you can learn.
We’re happy to announce a 4-week online course that can help you learn how to work with, understand, and befriend your anger!
This experiential online course is based on The Language of Emotions and Dynamic Emotional Integration®. In this course, you’ll examine the gifts and pitfalls of anger, and learn skills and practices to support you in creating strong empathic boundaries that help you work with anger in healthy, balanced, and respectful ways.
Join licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainer and Consultant, Anchen Texter for an interactive four-week online training all about anger. This course covers core concepts essential to understanding how emotions work, and delves deeply into the inner workings of anger so that you will come away with a deeper ability to work with this essential and powerful emotion.
What will you learn?
- What emotions are and how they work in your body, plus effective skills and practices to help you work with them instead of against them.
- The importance of being comfortable in your skin; learning about how boundaries work, what they do, how to recognize them, and how to set them in an empathic way.
- The power of having strong boundaries and working with anger in a conscious, empathic way through experiential exercises, personal practice, and live discussion.
- How working with anger can help you set boundaries in every area of your life, and set the foundation for working consciously with your other emotions.
- The difference between expressing and repressing anger, and the middle way of channeling anger so that it protects you without harming others.
This course is for people who:
- Are new to learning about emotions. We’ll cover foundational principles and practices that are essential for working with all emotions, as well as look closely at anger.
- Have a grasp of the foundational concepts and are looking for a deeper understanding of how to work with anger, and who want to add skills and practices to their toolbox.
Length: 4 weeks
Dates: Monday, April 9th to Friday, May 4th
Learning and Interaction Structure: Reading curriculum, forum discussions, live webinar trainings and discussions (1 hour per week), audio files, and course PDFs.